The Grundy Center School’s “community” will empower its individuals with the attitudes, skills, and knowledge to become responsible, productive, and fulfilled citizens.
• All community members work collaboratively, treat others with dignity, and find joy in their life within the school.
• All community members have a shared sense of responsibility towards creating a safe, trusting environment.
• All community members work cooperatively to achieve the school’s mission and goal.
• All community members work to ensure that communication, both internally and externally, is open and active toward continuously finding ways to help students learn.
• All community members work to ensure that problem-solving and decision-making is based on theory, research, and/or data which focuses on solutions.
• All staff maintains a curriculum which is of high quality and is connected across disciplines.
• District-wide use of technology enhances and advances learning; district wide use of technology aids in management of system information.
• Motivation cannot be forced; it is nurtured by interesting, meaningful experiences.
• Discipline is achieved through mutual respect, not through fear.
• High expectations and reasonable challenges belong to all.
• All children can learn.
• All must work to create a climate of success.
• Essential Learnings
Critical (Creative) Thinking