Mission And Vision
We create pathways to success by providing opportunities for growth to all learners.
• Motivation cannot be forced; it is nurtured by interesting, meaningful experiences. • Discipline is achieved through mutual respect, not through fear. • High expectations and reasonable challenges belong to all. • All children can learn. • All must work to create a climate of success.
• Belonging • Connectedness • Dignity • Caring
• Power • Competence • Learning • Influence
• Fun • Humor • Variety • Joy
• Freedom • Choice • Alternatives • Hope
Grundy Center Schools is a community of learners committed to providing a world-class education that develops individual skills and empowers students to be collaborative, responsible citizens with the knowledge and character necessary for success in a rapidly changing society.
• All community members work collaboratively, treat others with dignity, and find joy in their life within the school. • All community members have a shared sense of responsibility towards creating a safe, trusting environment. • All community members work cooperatively to achieve the school’s mission and goal. • All community members work to ensure that communication, both internally and externally, is open and active toward continuously finding ways to help students learn. • All community members work to ensure that problem-solving and decision-making is based on theory, research, and/or data which focuses on solutions. • All staff maintains a curriculum which is of high quality and is connected across disciplines. • District-wide use of technology enhances and advances learning; district wide use of technology aids in management of system information.
Knowledgeable Person Quality Producer Cooperative/Collaborative Worker Contributing Citizen Critical (Creative) Thinking Effective Communicator Problem Solver